The best and quickest to order would be for a potential customer to phone Juta Customer Services Dept and request the book. The number is +27 21 659 2300. They will make the necessary arrangements to courier the book to the customer.
Why would you buy this book?
It is a comprehensive step by step guide for Governance, risk and compliance.
Easy to follow with great ideas on how to put in a top notch compliance program. It has a strong South African influence, but the principles apply internationally. The author was a Group Compliance Manager with Discovery for over five years and then became a top international trainer. She has ample experience in making a tough subject simple. A great book to start out on the journey to compliance, but also a must have to the serious practitioner.
What will you get in the book?
HEre is a small snippet of some of the topics covered
- How to manage your risk in the GRC arena with risk tools to use
- Corporate governance
- How to put in a compliance program, including compliance charters, policies and codes
- When to use a code and when to use a policy.
- What to put into a process
- How to get buy in from the executive
- Communication techniques
- How to read legislation and what supervision in the regulatory space consists off
- Monitoring, what to do and when
- Audits how to do them and what to do with reviews
- A complete ABC section- anti money laundering, anti bribery laundering and anti corruption
- Laws in the different areas of GRC
- The manager in the GRC process
- How to be a compliance leader
- Business continuity plans and disaster management